Oct 18, 2009

Breakfast in Bed

To commemorate our wedding day, 5 years ago, we spent 27 hours of kiddo-free bliss!!! It was so absolutely and totally fantastic!! It is so tough getting away with an almost 3 month old. THANKS MOM!!! YOU ARE SO WONDERFUL!!!

Markham planned a super fun time for us. We left at noon and headed down to SLC to Kingsbury Hall for the matinee of THRILLER! It was so so so fun!! Before the performance, creepy people were prowling all around. They were ALL OVER ME!! They always are, because I get so freaked out and they just love that. I'm some kind of creep magnet. They'd get right in my face and just stare at me, or come up behind me and just hover. It was a good thing I was there with Markham, it might have been awkward, plunging my face into someone else's chest every 5 minutes. Serious eebee geebees. I was just cracking up. I was super impressed that they could hold a straight face.


This girl was bone skinny and super creepy. She liked me or something, wouldn't leave me alone.

This girl was supposed to be the girl from The Grudge. She was crawling all over the floor and between the rows.... I was having so much fun and it hadn't even started yet!

The first performance was the Thriller dance, with all my creepy friends, like on the MJ music video!! So so so COOL!! The whole thing was great. We highly recommend it to anyone.

Next, we checked into the Grand America. Our room was on the 18th floor and had a spectacular view. It was SUPER posh. If you are looking to feel like royalty and get totally pampered, check into this palace. It is absolutely over the top elaborate and fantastic. Our suite was 800 square feet of just awesomeness.

Next, we strolled across the street to the Little America and had a wonderfully scrumptious meal. We sat in huge leather wing back chairs. I just sank right in and ENJOYED every last morsel in PEACE. I didn't have to cut up any food into toddler size bites, or share anything off my plate with a 2 year old! It was so WONDERFUL and marvelously quiet. After we finished eating, we just basked for awhile.

Next, we went to the Gateway and saw Surrogates. It is a super creepy science fiction psychological head trip. We liked it. It is worth seeing. After, we strolled over to Applebee's and shared a sinfully decadent dessert.

And later.....while I let peaceful sleep claim me, in that enormous bed, I reveled in knowing I wouldn't be getting up in the middle of the night to feed a baby, or get a 2 year old a glass of water. I could sleep all the way through.... until 11 in fact!! I know....what a lazy pile. It was HEAVEN. It was so so great!

I finally dragged myself out of bed for a delicious breakfast that was delivered to our room. Hot and ready and incredibly yummy.

Happy 5 years babe. Thanks for an awesome time.!! I love you.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow sounds like you guys were in the lap of luxury!!! I am glad you had such a good time.....free of kiddos and all!! Thriller sounds amazing....I really want to see it!! Happy anniversary to the Carrolls!! Love you guys!!

Mariann said...

That sounds like a fantastic 27 hours!! I am totally jealous, but happy for you at the same time!! 27 hours kid free, it just doesn't get better than that!!