Nov 19, 2007

Help Us Settle a Score

Ok, so we were at my parents house a couple of weekends ago and my mom made chili and cinnamon rolls, not for dessert, but to eat with the chili :) YUM. (Not exactly a Weight Watchers meal I realize.) Markham freaked out because he had never heard of having the two together before. He thought we were all nuts........and so did my sister's husband. So, you tell us, have you heard of this? If you haven't, you are missing out on something fantastic!!! A little sweet and a little salty....who wouldn't love it!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

i have never heard of that before...however, I will always side with my sisters.....even though that sounds nuts, sign me up. I think that food should never have a time or place set.....you can have chocolate cake for breakfast and cereal for dinner...it all goes in the same, doesn't matter the order....but then what do i know? I just found out that chocolate was not a vegie.

Brooke said...

Maybe I can help settle this. I have never heard of that crazy combo before and yes, you are all completely nuts!

Matt and Tracy said...

i am a huge fan of sweet and salty together, but i have never ever heard of this combo. though i'm always one to say don't knock it til you try it :)

Ashley said...

Sounds Great!!!! I love the sweet and the salty... but NO I have never heard of it before. I would have freaked out also... but only before eating all of it before any of you got any!!!

Amanda said...

That's just plain weird. But hey, I have heard of worse, but those too also come from Idaho, so maybe that's the key.

Amanda said...

Oh yeah, and i went to culinary school, so I know EVERYTHING there ever was to know about food, and yes, you're stinkin' weird. (okay, maybe not everything.) Matt votes no too.

april said...

Ha Ha. I think you've got something with the being from Idaho bit. It's a common ward dinner in the fall and also a much loved school lunch :) Yet another reason to love Idaho!