Feb 24, 2014

Dinner and a Movie

Last Saturday we decided to go to the Kaysville Theater and watch FROZEN. The kids had seen it already, Grandma Carroll had taken them over Christmas break, but they were dying to watch it again so we decided to go for it. We love the Kaysville Theater for a couple of reasons. The tickets are $3, woot woot!! It's family owned, snacks are very reasonable and it's just a fun place. We can all go to a movie and get all the snacks, popcorn and drinks we can eat and still only spend a fraction of what it costs anywhere else.

We tried for the 4:30 show, got there at 4, and realized it was already sold out. Bummer. We totally should have known. Really bad judgement on our part. The kiddos were devastated. It was a sad and teary trip back to the van. So we decided we would make the 7:30 show for sure. To pass the time, we thought we would try Gabor Bros Pizza for the first time. Uhm.....YUM!!! It was super yummy and a fun atmosphere.

The kids were completely fascinated with this old school telephone booth. I feel old.
Jackson was loving the Parmesan cheese and using a liberal amount on each bite.  It made Markham and I giggle.  
Addie wanted more bread stick and she wanted it right then. 
 After we all ate too much and were stuffed, we headed to the library for a little while. There is something so great about the library. I just love books. Real books with hard covers. I love the smell, I love the peace and quiet.  I love to see my kiddos sitting on the floor with a pile of books. I love the old world feel in this electronic world. 

We headed back to the theater to get in line for tickets at 6. We were not going to miss the 7:30 show! We were the first in line and had no problem getting our snacks and getting the perfect seats. Addie drank so much soda that her diaper just couldn't hold anymore. I suddenly felt very warm and realized her pants were drenched and my lap was drenched. Awesome.  After a quick change she was ok and I dried pretty quickly.

The kiddos all fell asleep within minutes of being back in the van on our way home. We totally wore them out. Good times.  

No comments: