Feb 16, 2012

Fever, Runny Nose and Cough

Fever, runny nose, cough, repeat. This has been our life for the last few weeks. I think the same virus has mutated and been recycled through our entire family, a couple of times. The cough is brutal, totally die hard. Will my kids ever stop coughing! Will I ever stop getting up in the night to give them cough syrup and a drink of water. Will their little throats ever recover, be the same again?

Poor Jackson, who is usually so well tempered and just a happy kid, has had a serious case of the grumpies. He gets a pass because he feels awful, hence the bink.... Oh, will we ever break this habit? Pacifiers are so wonderful and I love them, until my kiddos get older. At this point, they suck. I have been trying to ween him off during the day but somehow he always finds one, like he has some magical binkie stash somewhere. And once he has found one, forget about it, I totally cave. He is always so proud and gives me an "I'm so clever grin." The kid is cute and I'm powerless, at least this week.

so anyways...
I found them in Kaity's room. Kaity was reading him a book from memory and Jackson was enthralled. I hated to interrupt, it was so sweet. But I had to document to remind myself that they aren't always fighting.

Wow. Sorry for the random disjointed rant!
It's my crazy mind.

2 comments:

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

Oh April, so sorry to hear the kiddos have been fighting this nasty virus! Hope you are on the mend soon. And that dang bink.. just know, he won't go to school with it. It will be gone one day so don't stress. Love how they are hanging out on the bed- reading books- super sweet! I miss those cuties! Thinking of you all and sending our well wishes your way. XO-Jen

Linnell/Mom said...

Oh I love those little kiddos! Ksity is the best big sister and Jacks idolizes her so much! Hope they are feeling better! Looking forward to seeing you all....soon! Love you all!