Mar 5, 2015

My Adorable Little Foodie

Kaitlyn loves everything to do with cooking and baking. SHOCKING I know. She does not get this from me. The only reason I cook is to keep my family from starving or going broke eating out every meal. Now, I will say the Kitchen Aid has been kind of entertaining. Baking can be fun because of the finished product I guess.

Anyhow she loves watching the Food Network. We have watched shows like Top Chef, Chopped, Teen Chopped, Food Network Star, Iron Chef, Cutthroat Kitchen, Pioneer Women, The Barefoot Contessa, etc. etc.  The list goes on and on. I will find her cuddled up with her blanket watching how to make the perfect souffle or something crazy. Shocking that she is my daughter. But she most certainly is. I was there. Ha!

Anyway--Markham surprised her and I with tickets to see Alton Brown for Valentines' Day. Markham is super good at surprises and Kaity was so excited she nearly burst into tears!!  I am just so happy this is what gets her excited and not Justin Bieber. Phew!! Hopefully it last until she's around 20.

Her and I had an absolutely fantastic time. He is a very very funny and entertaining man. His show was awesome and hearing Kaitlyn giggle and laugh so hard made my day.

He shared 4 things with us--

1-Chickens don't have fingers
2- Trout don't belong in ice cream
3-Don't forget the NaCl
4-NEVER eat a shrimp cocktail in an airport

He had the most hilarious story to go with each one. We were dying.
The second half of the show he made ice cream in 10 seconds with his "Jet Cream Machine" and then he made a pizza in 3 minutes on his giant Easy Bake Oven- "The MEGA BAKE"
WOW! What a show!
After the show our date wasn't complete. We were starving!! I asked Kaity where she wanted to go, her reply? Texas Roadhouse! She loves steak. Now there's my girl! 
After only a 20 minute wait, we had a fun time sipping soda. devouring warm bread and cinnamon butter and perfectly cooked steak!  
Love you Kaity Pie! I had a great time with you!

3 comments:

Erin said...

So fun!!! Parker loves cooking shows too. It's CRAZY!!

Maj said...

What a great day for my favorite helper in the kitchen. Grandma misses you Kaity!

Unknown said...

what a fun mommy daughter date! and yum texas roadhouse. i think we went there with you guys and the pines many moons ago.