Oct 29, 2013

October 23, 2004

Markham and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary in Sun Valley last weekend. It was so so perfect. A huge shout out to my marvelous parents and sister who took care of our 3 little kiddos for us.

Markham took half day off Friday and we headed to my parents to drop the kids. Our first stop was the Twin Falls temple. We haven't been for awhile so it was really nice to go. Afterwards, we made our way to Sun Valley. It was a beautiful drive. We arrived starving so we decided to eat right away at one of our favorite restaurants of all time, Ricco's Pizza and Pasta.. YUM. We shared a salmon salad and split a pizza. Mine had pesto, goat cheese, tomatoes and kamata olives. Markham's had jalapeno, goat cheese, basil and chicken. It was heavenly. We made a quick stop at the Main St. Market and then headed to the condo. We enjoyed a very relaxing and long soak in the hot tub while enjoying the orange and red leaves.

Saturday we had breakfast at the Kneadery, another favorite of ours. I had to get a picture next to the cowboy. Several years ago I was there with my family and my little sister -who wasn't wearing her contacts- thought the cowboy was real and said, "That man over there won't stop staring at me." We all laughed so hard we could hardly catch our breath. Remembering that always makes me giggle.
 YUM!
We explored a bit, the library was having a book sale so we picked up a few hardbacks for the kids. Markham scored quite a few reads too. Then we headed to the YMCA to do a little rock climbing. They have a really nice climbing wall. I had never been so I was a little nervous.
It was a lot of fun. While I was on the wall, a young guy was chatting it up with Markham and asked if he and his "girlfriend" were here alone. HA! Markham told him I was his wife and we were celebrating our 9 year anniversary. He was stunned. When I got down there was a little 4 year old who was harnessed in and ready to try a climb. I mentioned we had a 4 year old too that would probably love to climb. The same kid said, You guys have a 4 year old? We said yeah we actually have 3 kids. He said "WOW that's a lot!" We got a good laugh out of that one. It was kinda nice. I guess we don't look that old yet. lol  
 
Afterwards, we went to the movie "Captain Phillips." The most intense movie we have ever seen -hands down. I was literally shaking in my seat. By the end I was so overcome with emotion I just lost it. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who did. Good movie. 

We spent our last evening walking around downtown sipping hot chocolate. It was so beautiful and perfect. Happy Anniversary Markham. Thanks for 9 awesome years. I love you!!

No comments: