Jun 1, 2013

Carroll Catch-up

May zoomed by. It's crazy how fast time can slip away. We have spent several Saturdays at dance competitions for Miss Kate. It is fun to watch her dance. Her team always does well. I am a proud mom. When I see her dance my eyes get a little misty and I get a lump in my throat. Gosh she is growing up so fast. She will be in 1st grade at the end of July. Her school is starting a year round schedule. I actually think it will be nice to have smaller breaks along the way. She is a little reader - already starting simple chapter books. She loves school and learning. I am so proud of her. She is such a little sweetheart and a big help.

We have also been busy outside, digging and pulling all the weeds that had already settled into our beds and were attempting to take over. I planted a lot of things this year, mostly perennials, bought a few awesome pots and got our little garden started up again- we have quite a few strawberry plants from last year! The peach tree is fully loaded with walnut sized little peaches! Happiness. Oh how I struggle with thinning them out. I can hardly wait for Markham to make his fresh peach pie....yum.  

Markham is pretty busy with scouts. He is on a day hike with the boys today in fact. Kaity had a dance practice this morning, I vacuumed the house, spent some time with the kiddos outside watering the plants and garden. The cute girls from across the street have been over playing in the backyard. There is an awesome breeze outside. It is a good day. I suppose I will make Markham one of his favorite meals from home-- chicken bundles. I am sure he will be tired after hiking 11 miles.

Adelyn is getting so big so fast, it makes my heart ache. She is such a happy and content baby now. She is rolling over and loves to play with little toys. She is enamored with Kaity and Jack. She loves watching them and when they play with her she just laughs and laughs. She is on an awesome sleep schedule -she goes down around 9:30, easily and usually sleeps soundly until 8:30-9! It is so awesome. 

Meanwhile, Jackson just melts my heart. He is my little gentleman and buddy. The other day I said, "I love you handsome boy" and he replied, "I love you pretty girl" I will miss him when he starts preschool in the fall. In the car today, he pointed to the mountains and said, "Where is daddy hiking? I can't see him. Is that him mom??!" I told him it was too far away to actually see him hiking, but he was over there somewhere, He asked, "Is he wearing a white shirt mom!! I think I can see him, over there!!!" I giggled. A few minutes later I realized I was nearly out of gas and pulled into Smith's to fill up, he exclaimed, "MOM! Look at that spaceship!" It was a big boat. It made my day. What a funny little guy. 

  Addie with her little monkey. She snuggles it when she sleeps.
 
 
I am enjoying this...

2 comments:

val said...

you've got some cuties on your hands. they all look so alike i think.
fun to read about your daily happenings...it's what life is all about right?
what did you plant in your garden? we NEED to get ours in or we aren't going to have any veggies!!

val said...

and what are chicken bundles? do share...please!