Apr 12, 2012

Easter Weekend

We spent Easter in Idaho with my parents and brother. It was nice to be home again. It has been a while.  We played games, watched movies and visited. On Saturday we went to see Grandma at the rehabilitation home. She is 90 this year! I should have snapped a photo.

We colored eggs Saturday night in our pjs, one of my favorite past times as a kid, along with carving pumpkins and making gingerbread houses.
 
 Look at those beauties!
 washing up after
The Easter bunny must be out of his mind leaving all the candy he did. Good grief, he always over does it. Along with overstuffed baskets he also left brightly colored foil wrapped chocolate eggs all over the living room. The kiddos got spoiled this year with gifts from Grandparents on both sides. Kaity asked me "What Easter present are you going to give me and Jackson? We got presents from everyone else-- Grandmas and Grandpas, and the Easter Bunny."  

That Easter Bunny, right.

At this point I prompty reminded  Kaity the real meaning of Easter.

After all the Easter Bunny excitement was over we went to church with my parents. On the way home I asked Kaity why we celebrate Easter. She replied,  "Because Jesus lives again after He died for us." 

Perfect 

A little more of that and a little less Easter presents, ok?!

We sat down together at the dining room table, and enjoyed a yummy meal together.

What a special weekend we had with family remembering what our Savior did for all of us.

1 comment:

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

Cuties for sure up there!! I have my fingers and toes crossed you are getting a trip down here soon! Miss those babes!!- Oh and of course you and mard too! ;) So happy you all had a wonderful Easter! Love ya!! Jen