Apr 25, 2012

Older and Wiser

Well I guess I'm another year older....28! Wow it feels so great to be in my twenties still.

Ok just kidding...I'm 34.....yikes!

It's funny how your perspective changes. When I was 28 I was all melancholy about my 20's coming to a close. Ha!  I wish I could go back and tell my 28 year old self how young I was, kinda like my 40 year old future self would say to me now. Profound I know.

Anyway I was blessed to spend my B-day with those I love best. We went to Logan for the day and us girls went shopping and the boys went with Markham to buy a gun, don't get me started. Aww, just kidding it's pretty exciting for Markham to have a shotgun like the rest of the boys. Now they can all go out and be pretty cool with their guns. As long as I can shop while they are doing it, I'm game.

Monte treated us to dinner at The Olive Garden, yum. It has been too long since we have been there.  My sweet mom offered to make my favorite cake, Red Velvet, she has been making me scratch Red Velvet for 34 years, bless her heart. If you know my mom, this is a really big deal. Scratch anything is a big deal...love ya mom.

Well this year, the frosting didn't have enough time to chill and the cake was still warm, so it looked a little sad, but was super yummy!! Don't judge a cake by the way it looks! Thanks Mom! It hit the spot.

Note: Kaity is NOT a vampire, I just neglected to wash her mascara off after her dance competition earlier in the day. wow, good job mom.

My brother's bday is 3 days before mine, so we have been sharing the celebration for as long as I can remember. I'm sure I have a bday pic like this one for almost every year.
 Please note: My mom actually thought I was 33 this year so we had to add a single candle on to make 34. 

A little scary looking, yes.

 Me and my favorite person ever!
Still madly in love, I just can't behave myself. Love you babe!

p.s. Markham got me a tablet this year! So I need to know all those apps you guys love and can't live without! I need to app that baby up!

2 comments:

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

OK- You are adorable! Love that last photo oh so much!!! Miss you guys terribly! So happy your birthday was the best one, and really that cake looked so so good! Happy Birthday April- now get your butt down here so we can do our toes!! :)

Kelli and Chad said...

I have had to do some catching up on your blog! I have been horrible with blogging lately. love all the pictures! Happy 34th! For a second I was like, "wait, she can't be 28! she is older than me!!" :)