Jun 25, 2008

The RUINS

We spent a day checking out the ruins of the past. I love this stuff!! These ruins are believed to be built by the Sinagua Tribe in 1100AD. So totally fascinating. It is called "Montezuma's Castle"- giving false credit, but the name stuck. It looks like a caste indeed.

Look how crazy high that thing is!! And I complain about hauling my groceries up a few dumb stairs!

Jake looks mean in this picture, but he's really not.


Here is a little family pic. You will not find Kaity smiling in any of these pictures. Apparently she was not at all captivated like the rest of us. She had a full blown melt down in the visitor's center. It did not make me want to have any more children. Oh Mom, I am glad we don't have to live in a cliff dwelling.
Try keeping a 20 month old out of a restricted area. It was like it had some magical power, pulling her towards it. What gives?!

Markham being the awesome Daddy that he is, spending some quality time on the side lines with the bean sprout.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I know what you mean when they throw a fit!! Oh that makes me never want to look at another child let alone have one! Parks got his pics taken the other day and he was such a ronch! The lady was so dumb, we were there for 3 hours and Parks does not last that long anywhere! People were looking at me like I was beating him, he was throwing such a fit. The manager of Meijer (a grocery store here) even came up to me and asked if I was ok. I think she was going to call Child Services! haha Then she asked me if he was my brother. I guess I cant hate her that much! Anyway.. Your not the only one with a tantrum filled child. wait till you hear Parkers new scream... it makes me want to beat him senseless and then pull out my own hair!

Lindsey said...

Oh seester you wouldn't want to stay in a cliff dwelling? Didn't mom and Monte tell you? Monte pulled some strings, we are going back next summer and staying in Montezuma's castle......we better get in shape for the tedious climb!! That would not be so fun...

april said...

Ash-
Wow it sounds like you have had some trying times with little Parks. The manager thought he was your little brother! lol!! What would it be like to look so young ;) Enjoy it while it lasts- 30 comes fast!!!

april said...

Seester- ha ha you are funny! I wouldn't last an afternoon!

Matt and Tracy said...

What a fun vacation. I totally know what you mean about that magical power pulling our children! I've also had days where I've wondered if I want more too. Kaity is such a cutie! You have such a beautiful family!