Jun 26, 2008

Beautiful Sedona!

We're back!!! We had a FABULOUS time in Sedona, Arizona with my family! The time flew!!! Sedona is absolutely gorgeous. Think of St. George, in high def. The reds and greens are so intense. It is like nowhere else I have ever been. It is a desert, yet there are so many green trees! It is a funny little place. Some people believe there are mystical places in Sedona, where a spiritual energy flows, these special places are called "vortexes." There are tours and maps showing how to find them. It is pretty interesting. Downtown is full of so much art!!! There are so many statues and art galleries. It was so fun to walk up and down the street. If you have the chance to visit, you definitely should!What is a vacation without eating WAY too much yummy food?!
Kaitlyn was fascinated by all the statues. She wanted to touch them all...

...except maybe the bear. I think she gets that from me :) These interesting things are called "Javalinas" They are native to the area. They are like little wart hogs. We did a little bike riding while we were there, but we could never quite get up early enough to beat the heat. Monte was good to us and shuttled us around to the best trails. One of our many pit stops along the way.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

I am happy to see you posted already! I have been checking ever since I knew you guys got home! And I am glad you posted a lot.. because your mom told me nothing about your guys trip because she knew you would blog about it. I am so sad that we could not be there.. but oh well. I am happy that you guys had a good time anyway! I just cant wait till we can all see one another again! It will be so fun! We miss you all so much! Kaity is so cute! We just cant wait to see how she is growing in person! I just love her hair.. so cute. She is going to be a little Doll all her life. As my dad used to say "Tell Markham to get the shotgun out!"

Melissa Hernandez said...

I love all your fun pictures and it looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I am starting to feel like I need to kick my summer vaca up a notch! We sound so boring compared to all your fun adventures!

Kim said...

Looks like such a fun trip! My grandparents used to live in Sedona and I loved going to visit them there. It really is beautiful!

Kelli and Chad said...

How fun! It is beautiful there. I love your fam, tell your mom and Monty hi for me. Whats up with the burley Reunion this year? It would be great to see you guys sometime soon!

Lindsey said...

Oh seester nice blog posts about our amazing trip!! I am having a hard time adjusting to a work schedule again......I am confused I can't do whatever I want and sleep in?

Amanda said...

Seriously, who hasn't taken a picture at the Beaver pit stop? It's the only iconic thing in Beaver. Glad you're back. Will you stick around for a few days now?

Lindsey said...

Ohh your trip looks like so much fun! I am glad you are home, and I am home...and we can be together again! Your pictures are awesome! Kaity looks like she misses me. I will get right on that:) LOVE YOU and welcome home ( alittle late I realize )

Doug and Marilyn said...

You guys are just going all over the place and having too much fun. Nah, actually I'm just jealous looks like a blast. I love those pictures of the statues!! I get a kick out of what kids like.

Darrington Family said...

Hello April. I've joined the world of blog! Sorry I haven't gotten in touch with you sooner. Your little family is so dang cute! Looks like you had a great vacation! My new blog is cadeandholly.blogspot.com
I hope we can stay in touch. We have baby boy #3 on the way. 54 more days to go...but whose counting. :0) Take care, Holly (Price) Darrington