Mar 25, 2014

Adelyn

Adelyn is 15 months old. That is crazy. Her well check revealed that she's in the 61st percentile for weight at 22lbs and 16th for height at 29.5 inches. Her growth has slowed a lot. Exactly like Kaitlyn and Jackson did. -Start out as a giant baby and get smaller the older you get-  seems to be the Carroll kiddos M.O. 

Unfortunately she has another ear infection, or just the same one as a couple months ago. She was on 2 rounds of antibiotics and even after that it seemed her ears were still bothering her at times. The Dr said if this round doesn't clear it I need to take her to an ENT for tubes. super yucky. I really really hope that doesn't happen. 
This girl loves her brother A LOT. She is his little shadow and crawls around after him all day long. She must do what he does and eat what he does or she gets very irritated. She is developing quite the strong will and very much likes things her way. She has a piercing scream she uses to alert you of her discontent. It's impossible to not be very aware when things are not right. She lets everyone know. LOUDLY.  This girl is no push over.I am working through this. with lots of diet coke and kisses. She gives wet kisses with the cutest grin. When she flashes those perfect little dimples and that gummy smile I am smitten.  

 She loves loves loves dum dums. She know where there are in the pantry and if I don't close it, she helps herself. Once she gets her hands on one, I do not take it away for fear of her screams giving us both permanent hearing damage. I just try and make sure its closed. So much easier. Some days she gets more dum dums than are good for her I am sure. I could move them higher. I will do that.
She loves playing with Jackson and in the afternoon, this is where you will find us. On the ground with a big mess of toys surrounding us. Life with little kiddos can be so exhausting and messy but I'm really trying to savor these moments for I know they pass quickly.  
I love you Addie. You will always be my baby. 

No comments: