Jan 9, 2014

A Visit with Grandma

My sweet Grandma Ida is in an assisted living home near my parents. She had been living alone for several years after my Grandpa passed away. I always tell Markham "Don't you leave me here alone for 15+ years." It must be so hard to live without your best friend for so long.  I have hundreds of memories of Grandpa and Grandma growing up. They were an awesome pair and played a huge role in my life. Grandpa baptized me, taught me how to ride a bike and was my best friend. I remember spending hours with him outside in the field behind their house burning weeds or watering his garden. I spent just as much time with grandma playing card games and learning how to knit and crochet. It's tough to see her weak and frail.  She is still beautiful at 91.
I make her a calendar of our family every Christmas. I think she likes it. 

No comments: