Nov 21, 2013

blessings

This time of year is so fabulous. I love to think about all the things that make life rich. For FHE we made lists of all our blessings. Gratitude is so important. I pray we do a good job instilling this principle into our kiddos.
It was fun to hear Kaity and Jackson recite their lists out loud. 
Kaity: My brother and sister, my parents, my grandma and grandpa, aunts and uncles, my car, my house, my friends.
Jackson: My family - (recited individually) my dog, the Holy Ghost, Primary, my teachers. 

 I am grateful for a ridiculously selfless and infinitely patient husband and best friend who makes this journey through life so fun. I am grateful for our beautiful, happy and healthy kiddos.
I am grateful for food to feed them, clothes to dress them and warm beds to put them to sleep.
I am grateful for the simple things that we all have- electricity, a washing machine, flushing toilets and running water, etc. etc.,  It's hard to imagine life without these things but plenty of people have and still do  manage without. Last Sunday at church, a speaker shared a story about a family who lived before electricity was commonplace. They had a really tough year on the farm and struggled to gather a nice meal for Thanksgiving dinner, but they had electricity and each other. wow. we are so blessed. I feel so gross for ever taking what I have for granted. 
I am grateful to know we have a Father in Heaven. That this life isn't it. That we are eternal beings capable of being with our families forever. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement which makes that possible. This knowledge is true happiness. And for that, I am grateful. 
A little after dinner snuggle.
 
Kaitlyn enjoying those wonderful crunchy fall leaves. She knows of my love affair for everything fall. She collected some leaves and made me a beautiful collage. What a sweetie.
 Little Addie is growing too fast. She is getting more and more independent and doing new things every day. New words are "Momma", "Baba" (bottle) and "Uh-oh." With Kaitlyn, I was so excited for her to do new things and reach the next milestone. It's different with Adelyn. My heart aches a little knowing this will be the last baby I rock to sleep every night, the last little crawler I will have at my feet and the last time I will be folding tiny little onsies.
Savor, savor, savor these moments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks April! I loved this! I am so happy for you and you have the cutest family ever! thanks for sharing and I love reading how you guys are doing.
♥ Michelle Shaw (Streeter)

april said...

Its good to hear from you Michelle!! Hope you are doing fab. Happy to hear you are married again. My mom said she ran into you awhile ago and you looked happy. That's great. You deserve it ;)