Jan 21, 2011

January Drag

January is a drag.

Markham works 70 hour weeks. The kiddos and I miss him. Thank goodness it only lasts a month.

It hasn't been all bad. We play hide and seek, watch disney movies, play spongebob on the wii and dance. Yesterday was one of those awesome magical days. The kiddos were angels, I was able to do a little painting and mod podging craft. love that. I even told Markham how awesome the day was, at midnight while he was sleeping I am sure. It was one of the those days that made me think this whole parenting gig is a piece of cake.

That's just not true.

This morning, the kiddos woke up at 7:30, just in time to see Markham's face for the first time in days. I made them chocolate chip pancakes, per Kaity's request. Couldn't make them fast enough. "Where's my fork, I want milk, I want more," intermingled with Jacks yelling and whining.

Kaitlyn fell down the stairs...again. This happens once every couple of weeks. Wow. It was bad today, her lip started bleeding. Her nose will be black and blue. Jacks is yelling and whining non-stop. Teething, tired, please don't tell me it is the terrible 2's coming early, he can't be that old yet. I still get up with him 2-3 times a night.

I think I may be experiencing vacation hang-over. We had such an awesome December. California was so fun. And last week, my parents invited me and the kiddos to St. George with them.  It was so warm! And now, we are home all day, every day. It is winter in Utah.

I have no pictures to post. I can't find my camera charger. It is probably still in the bottom of a suitcase buried in the closet.

Cheers.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

A little Sweet with the sour.... Parks begged me to come to your house this week. So Im thinking that we need to get together soon.

Poor little Katie!!! She is our little Bella. Tell Markham he is awesome and I can't imagine working that much. It will all soon be over!!
Love you guys!!

Linnell/Mom said...

I have to agree with you!!! I hate, hate, hate January! So glad we got a little big of a break in St. George! We are on the last half of the month though! There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Poor Kaity!! I'm afraid she is a little like her grandma in the clumsy department! Give them both a kiss for us!!! See you soon? Love you all!

Kelli and Chad said...

January is so lame. At least I have a newborn this month to mix it up a little bit. So 2 to 3 times a night you get up with Jack?? April, that sounds miserable. You gotta break him of that. I am already counting down the weeks till Bridge sleeps the whole night through. I am a sleep whore though, I gotta have it!! :) At least January is almost over!

Annie said...

sorry for the yuck january! it could be worse, markhan could still be at deloitte :-) we STILL need to have you guys over for dinner! i am putting russ on that one and will have him get ahold of Markham!

Jed and Rebecca said...

I keep thinking it's time for spring so I can take the baby outside instead of staying inside all day.

Lindsey said...

Whiny baby.....???? uh I was thinking about visiting sometime....but um I might re-think that....haha jk!! I am sad I couldn't make it to St. George....boo hoo. Poor little Kaity! I agree with mom she gets her clumsy streak from her, wow that could be scary!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I can relate all too well with this post! Mabe i need to invest in a wii to help out with the whining at our house!!! I just asked Chris the other day if eva is hitting the terrible 2's early, too! Bring on spring just so we can go outside and take a walk!!!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I can relate all too well with this post! Mabe i need to invest in a wii to help out with the whining at our house!!! I just asked Chris the other day if eva is hitting the terrible 2's early, too! Bring on spring just so we can go outside and take a walk!!!!