Jan 22, 2008

No Longer on Vacation!

Things at our place are pretty lame compared to our fun filled holiday. Markham is studying for the first section of the CPA exam as if his very life depended on it. The poor guy is busy at work, then comes home only to plant himself at the kitchen table for a vigorous study sesh. He's such a hard worker and makes me so proud. I wrote a little Ode to Mard- Here it goes:

Eveyone who is a CPA can say
Studying for that beast robs you many a day

For my husband, who is the best
This thing is a severe pest!

He gets up so early
Even on our vacations to Burley!

Works, studies and reads
A break he badly needs!

He will take the first section in a few days
His mind must be like a maze!

Then he will need to take 3 more
Oh, my heart is sore!

Tax season is quickly coming!
That schedule is positively numbing!

Endurance is the key
Surely we will see.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

wow....you amaze me. you have such poetic skills. I am impressed. I need to call you tomorrow....girl time.

Lindsey said...

ohh and best of luck to mard. i took that test and passed all three:) I'm pretty much a big deal around the CPA world.

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

YOU CAN DO IT MARD!! You are going to do fantastic I just know! So... no sweat.. infact take the next couple of days off. Ha. I really am thinking of you and sending my thoughts and prayers your way k! You are an amazing brother, hubby and dad. Love you!

Brooke said...

Wow! That needs to be published! Poor Mard, and poor you! That schedule is no fun. I will be praying for you come mid February!I am pretty sure I didn't meet my dad until I was like 7 or so. I just knew he lived somewhere called Earnst & Young!

P.S. Thanks to me and my mom's (I know that is bad grammer, but it is late) unbelievably good taste and style, my dad's new office is going to be awesome! Pretty sure I could find a nice corner cubicle with Mard's name on it.........:) Love you, and good luck Mard!

Kacie said...

Nate spent our whole Christmas break studying for that awful test. poor guy. I feel for you. Then after it was over, busy season started up, and I've barely seen him since...sniff sniff

Annie said...

i found your blog! tell markham good luch. russ will be doing the same thing soon enough...it's just one thing after another isn't it?!?

Maj and Paj said...

The test is done
It wasn't fun
Mard did survive
We're praying for a seventy-five!!!

Love ya Mard!!

(Grandma Stephenson says hi!!)

Lindsey said...

Hello seester!! You have such raw talent! Where did it come from? Just kidding, it was way adorable!! Tell mard good luck on the next section and he is in our prayers and thoughts as always!! Tell that little bean that her aunt Lindsey says "Hey Beanie Baby!"