Dec 8, 2013

Disney!!!

We got home about a week ago from our super fun vacation to California. I am just barely getting to the blog after struggling to catch up on all the holiday stuff and laundry and shopping, etc. etc. We had such a MAGICAL time! I know that is so cliche, but seriously I love Disneyland!! It was our first trip as a family. Little Adelyn stayed home with Grandma Carroll. The four of us went full throttle! It was perfect. The weather was wonderful and the lines were short!
In line for Nemo's submarine ride. Kaity's favorite.
Autotopia! 
Stopping to re-fuel. Watch out- mom is apparently starving to death. I didn't know I was in this shot, thanks Markham.
Star Tours!
 Having a little treat on Main Street. 
 Thankfully we skipped the teacups and settled for this photo opp.
  Mickey!
Jackson's favorite was Buzz Lightyear's Astroblaster. One of the few we hit twice. The kids also loved the classics I remember as a kid- The Haunted Mansion, Roger Rabbit, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White and Toad's Wild Ride. Markham and I loved Pirates!! So nostalgic and fun. The kids were unsure. They were not convinced the pirates weren't real. Jackson kept yelling "Hi" to them. lol. People were cracking up.  They weren't huge fans of the roller coasters. We took them on Space Mountain very early on- way too dark, way too fast and way too scary. It ruined them. But they were good sports and went on Splash Mountain anyway.

What fun memories. It flew by in a flash. We decided to hit the Nemo Submarine ride one more time before we had to leave. Kaity was cuddled in on Markham's lap. It was dark, but I could see her little face illuminated by the light coming through the window. I wanted a picture but didn't want to ruin the moment so I tucked it away in my memory bank where some of my favorite pictures are held.  Her little face, so young, so full of wonder. She whispered something to Markham, he whispered something back. It was sweet. I remember going to Disney as a kid with my parents and siblings and now here I was with my own little family. I caught myself getting a little misty. I am so sentimental lately. Good grief. I looked down at Jackson and found him snoring! He was out like a light! I saved his little head just before it slammed into the observation window. Sentimental moment over.

Anyway, we had a really really wonderful time. Thanks Grandma for taking care of Adelyn for us!. 

1 comment:

val said...

FUN!!!!!!!! loved seeing your Dland photos and post. such a fun things to do with your little people. annie was scared of snow white and the other "dark" ones but wasn't scared of the big roller coasters. ha!
loved what you said about your memory bank and saving that special moment. i do that too.