Aug 8, 2010

My Thoughts on Bears...

Markham's parents came for a visit on their way to Glacier National Park, where there are LOTS of bears. I asked them if they knew bears could eat them alive. They apparently like bears and even took some pictures of bears.

I know they survived the trip because they stopped on their way back home. Thank goodness. They say it was SO BEAUTIFUL there, but for me....pictures are good enough. I don't know how much I would enjoy all that beauty, wondering if a bear was going to chomp down on me.

Anyway, while they were here with us we had lots of fun. We went to Bear Lake for a day and went to the Pickleville Playhouse. We highly recommend it...very very funny.
We spent an afternoon at Antelope Island, the Great Salt Lake, which was pretty interesting. We saw lots and lots of bison, and spiders. Wasn't my favorite picnic place. I liked it better in the car. But I am not the outdoorsy type, which you already know.
We even took the kiddos bowling....and Kaity almost beat my score.
A visit from Grandma and Grandpa Carroll would not be complete without a batch of chocolate chip applesauce cookies. Kaitlyn is a super big fan, like all of us.
And Markham and I went on a kiddo-free date!!! It was perfect. We went to Red Mango.....super yum, and then to Inception. WOW....loved it! 

Thanks so much for the fun times Grandma and Grandpa! We love you!!

2 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

I haven't been to pickleville playhouse in years!!! How fun!!! Glad you had some fun family time AND a date, I'm a little jealous ;O)

Lindsey said...

So Kaity thinks zombies have black things....okay makes sense....and zombies need car seats? What a funny little girl she is!! And I am glad that boys only have bums....that could get weird! Cant wait to see you guys again....1 day!