Jan 15, 2009

"Raclette Christmas"

This year Markham and I surprised each other with the same gift!!! What are the chances!! We bought each other Raclette Grills.

Our good friends introduced us to this wonderful grill last summer. They invited us over for dinner, and wow, it was fantastic! They served us Raclette, a traditional dish served in Switzerland, where they both served missions. You basically melt cheese in a special dish and pour it over potatoes, veggies, or whatever you like, it's cheese, so you really can't go wrong. It is super yummy with bacon, and tiny dill pickles.

After that first night, Markham became obsessed with this meal. By the time we went over for a second Raclette dinner, Markham was a madman, talking all about how much he loved it. I loved it too, so I thought, what a perfect gift for Christmas!!!! Well, he had the same thought!

I was so so excited to give Markham his very own Raclette Grill. I used Dylan's ebay account and was so proud of myself for winning the bid, I got a GREAT deal!! I had it shipped to Dylan and Ashley so he would not suspect, and they brought it over all wrapped up "for Kaity." I was being so sneaky!! Meanwhile, Markham was busy with a scheme of his own, he shipped the one he bought to California.

Anyway, it was a surprise! And a year we won't forget, we have dubbed it,
"The Raclette Christmas."

1 comment:

Ashley said...

yummmm!!! I need to come over for some of this raclette! I love cheese and I LOVE LOVE LOVE to dip... so this sounds like the perfect thing for me! When are we going to get together to do this? As soon as possible will work for me, I am HUNGRY!!!