Mar 21, 2018

Dallas or Bust

Well it looks like our next chapter will begin in TEXAS.  Markham took an awesome job in Dallas and we are headed down.

We spent a weekend there looking for a home. My mom came and watched the kids. Bless her. She was great to help. She is not a fan of the relocation. 

This was the plan for day one. We saw 14 homes that day.
We were well rested and fresh and full of hope. Look at us. We look happy!
We had 2 more full days like this and it was emotional and totally exhausting.
I cried more than once. It was hard.

Our agent was great though and kept things light. Our favorite house was not the same one. Bummer.  He joked that he was part marital counselor. Haha! No kidding.

We also had some bad news while there. Our agent called and said our contract in Utah had fallen through so we weren't really able to make a strong offer on anything in Texas. Especially since the market is so competitive. That put a damper on things but we did our best and scouted areas and looked at about 40 homes. We enjoyed some really good food and visited with Brian and Michelle and that was fun. 

I flew home alone. Markham stayed to start his job. He took me into the airport and helped me find where I needed to go. I sobbed on his shoulder. I was that lady in the airport with mascara running down my face. 

Man oh man, this stuff is not for the weak of heart. 

No comments: